Where to start if your passion is expanding the frontiers of medicine?
Launch your global career with Fortrea ́s one-year Internship Program.
As a leading global contract research organization (CRO) with a passion for scientific rigor and decades of clinical development experience, Fortrea provides pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device customers a wide range of clinical development, patient access and technology solutions across more than 20 therapeutic areas. With over 19,000 staff conducting operations in more than 90 countries, Fortrea is transforming drug and device development for partners and patients across the globe.
Global Internship Program- from Campus to Business
Advancing healthcare through clinical development requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives, and we invite you to bring yours to the Fortrea ́s 12-month University Student Internship – July 2024 Start Date – Office based, Leeds so we shape the future of medicine together.
As a Fortrea intern, and from your first day, you will complement your education in STEM + Business and Healthcare working on actual department assignments, always linked to our mission to deliver solutions that bring life-changing medicines to patients faster and with true impact on the company.
We will support your development and career exploration through:
- Dedicated Mentors,
- Program workshops,
- Leadership speakers,
- Employee Resource Groups,
- Panel discussions and
- Small group ‘coffee chats’.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team
The Global Proposals Team supports the Fortrea Global Commercial Organization by completing the written proposal and/or budget in support of Request for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Information (RFI) content from new and returning clients.
Our remit spans the earliest clinical trials in healthy volunteers through to late-stage clinical trials in patients across all phases worldwide, along with more unique outsourcing models such as Functional Service Provider (FSP).
We work alongside teams from commercial, operational, delivery, strategy and scientific departments who are supportive of your CRO journey.
In this Internship you will:
- Be proud of being able to independently support multi-million dollar clinical projects at the end of the internship.
- Work with global teams and subject matter experts (SMEs) and learn how to work with different cultures.
- Strengthen your confidence, as you directly work with VPs and Directors, and…
- fun while you do all this
- Working towards Bachelor’s degree in the fields of STEM, Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Biology, Mathematics.
- Has experience delivering multiple projects in an academic or professional setting
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and internal/external colleagues
- Embraces diverse ways of thinking through various forms collaboration and partnership
Other Key Skills
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated computer skills – requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours as needed to meet the client’s proposal deadline
Fortrea is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Fortrea strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
You must sign in to apply for this position.