Delta Hotels by Marriott
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Events Manager to lead the team at the Delta Hotels By Marriott Breadsall Priory Hotel and Country Club.
As Senior Events Manager, you will be responsible for incoming enquiries from conversion through to transition to the operations team for event execution and then back to sales. There will be a particular focus on incoming enquiries that are more complex, have higher numbers of guests and that are of a certain revenue value such as VIP events & groups, large city events, sporting events and awards dinners to name a few.
There is no better time to join the team as the Hotel has recently rebranded to Delta Hotels by Marriott and is currently undergoing a multimillion-pound refurbishment so now is the perfect time to share this exciting news in the market and capture new opportunities.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Oversee co-ordination, communication and completing verbally and in writing with the customer, the Event Executive and Sales Executive the details of an event up to the day of event execution.
- Ensures that all banquet event orders are completed for the hotel operations team, host weekly operations meeting to share information and answer questions.
- Supports the marketing communications for conference, meetings & events including weddings & Christmas.
- Share feedback from customers with relevant teams and create actions plans to eliminate issues going forward.
- Work with Sales and Revenue Management to agree sales strategies for event space.
- Assist Hotel Sales Leader to drive the team with closing days, demand generation weeks and other sales initiatives.
- Identifies and communicates revenue and profit opportunities with leadership team.
- Correct use of systems and sales process to ensure booking integrity, consistency & accuracy.
- Implements Event Management strategy and
- Train, develop and coach team members to support in developing the next Senior Event Manager
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships within the whole hotel.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role within a hotel environment. Experience in coaching and developing team members, driving sales and delivering financial results.
You will have a warm people orientated demeanour, a gift for paying attention to the smallest details and a positive outlook and outgoing personality.
Perks you deserve:
We’ll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Complimentary Leisure Club Membership because your wellbeing is important.
- Discounted Golf Rates
- Tasty and Varied Meals in our Associate Dinning Facility
- Complimentary dry-cleaning service
- Enrolment in Perks at Work – Access to unlimited deals from retailers to restaurants, cinema’s and more
- Discounted Hotel Accommodation Worldwide for you and your Friends & Family
- 20% F&B Discount, 30% Retail Discount & 20% Spa Discount in Marriott Hotels Worldwide
- 23 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays increasing with service.
- Annual Performance Related Pay Review
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our Take Care Emotional Wellbeing Resources & Associate Assistance Service
- Comprehensive Training and Development program
- Company Pension scheme, we match your contributions up to 6%
- Private Medical Cover
This role offers a competitive salary as well as an annual bonus plan allowing you to earn up to 20% of your salary.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability, age and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
You must sign in to apply for this position.