Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting for recent Science Graduates to join one of our client schools in Manchester as Teaching Assistant in their Science Department.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Science Graduate to start a career in education. If you are looking to go onto a career in Teaching, there will be multiple opportunities to progress onto further positions through Teaching Personnel. Once you have achieved Qualified Teacher Status, there will be opportunities to be placed in Early Career Teaching positions through Teaching Personnel.
The highlights of this position will include:
- Opportunity for progression through Teaching Personnel.
- You will receive a competitive salary between £385 and £450 per week.
- This is a great opportunity to gain vital classroom experience.
- You will have a 6.5 hour working day.
- There will be no additional planning or marking requirements.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- You will support the pupils that struggle the most academically within school.
- You will work within small groups of pupils or on a one-to-one basis to ensure that the pupils are gaining a better understanding of the lessons.
- You must be able to use your own knowledge of the subject to answer any questions that the pupils may have.
- You may be required to assist the Teacher when preparing for practical scientific experiments.
In order to be able to work within this school, there are multiple steps that will need to be taken throughout the registration process. You will need to apply for a fully enhanced DBS check. Once this check has been completed, you will be required to place this onto the Update Service. You must also provide references that cover the entirety of the last two years of your working history. Throughout the registration process, you will also be required to complete a safeguarding course.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now by uploading a copy of the most up-to-date version of your CV and someone from Teaching Personnel will contact you regarding your application and the registration process.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
You must sign in to apply for this position.