Website Borgen Project (GBP)
The Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. and U.K. foreign policy. This is a part-time 12-hours per week, unpaid telecommuting internship. The internship is for 12 weeks, however, if your availability is limited, you can work ahead and complete the program in fewer weeks.
Responsibilities will include leading public and political outreach in your state and district.
- Meet with members of Congress/Government or their staffers in your State/District/Constituency.
- Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events.
- Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
- Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Government in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
- As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations.
- Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media and other groups.
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches.
- New programs begin every month, you choose the month you wish to start.
You must sign in to apply for this position.