JUNIOR ANALYST (Customer Service & Data Enhancement)
JUNIOR ANALYST(Customer Service & Data Enhancement)Stevenage – NielsenIQ BookData for BOOK industryABOUT THIS JOBA division of NielsenIQ and first established in 1858, Nielsen Book is a leading supplier of bibliographic data, transactional ordering and market insights to booksellers, librarians and publishers in over 100 countries.The Book Operations team supports the international Commercial teams, by monitoring, supporting and testing the systems used to supply our clients with data.As Reference Data Analyst you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a close and positive working relationship with publishers, distributors, and other data providers, through appropriate liaison at all levels, to ensure Nielsen BookData receives timely information and meets all appropriate service level requirements.
- Taking responsibility for developing and maintaining a close and positive working relationship with publishers, distributors, and other data providers
- Dealing with or reassigning appropriately, queries from customers in a timely and efficient manner
- Liaising with and answering queries from publishers, other data suppliers and teams/colleagues
- Adding new bibliographic records to the database accurately and in a timely manner, meeting all departmental standards as appropriate, and dealing with any issues arising from the data capture
- Maintaining, upgrading and improving existing bibliographic records
- Testing new electronic feeds from data suppliers to the appropriate level and within the appropriate timescales
- Prioritizing work to ensure all service level agreements are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Assisting in any appropriate bibliographic projects required by a publisher and/or the Reference Data Team Leader
- Highly proficient general PC skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail required and good understanding of Excel is essential. Experience using COGNOS would also be beneficial, but not essential
- In-depth understanding of the publishing industry and book trade is desirable
- Solid proficiency in data analysis and testing
- Solid product knowledge
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Hybrid & flexible working module (min. 2 days in the office in Stevenage/ 3 days from home)
- Entry level position in which you will learn NIQ Book business and can progress your career to other teams in a long-term (technical or commercial); Internal trainings will be provided together with detailed onboarding agenda
- Access to learning platforms, mentorship programme and educational support to keep developing your skills
- Friendly office environment: we are a relatively small team working closely together and getting involved in lots of social activities – Book Club, Film Club and other events
- Volunteer time off
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Life assurance
- Other industry-leading benefits
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company providing the most complete and trusted view of consumers and markets in 90 countries covering 90% of the world’s population. Focusing on consumer-packaged goods manufacturers and FMCG and retailers, we enable customers to defy what’s possible. How? We combine unparalleled datasets, pioneering technology, and the industry’s top talent to create insights that unlock innovation. Join us and change the landscape.
Learn more at: www.niq.com
Want to keep up with our latest updates? Follow us on: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NielsenIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
You must sign in to apply for this position.