Website Sumo Digital Ltd
- Significant training in C++: the primary language used in game development.
- Training and support with the Unreal Engine.
- A placement on one of Sumo’s game teams.
- The chance to work on published products developed by the Academy (Zool Redimensioned)
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must demonstrate a strong aptitude for programming through our interview process.
- You must not already be enrolled on another apprenticeship, or in full-time education which would overlap with the apprenticeship.
- You must already have a valid and eligible residency status for the full length of your apprenticeship.
You must have not received significant prior training as a game programmer – your prior learning in programming and game development must not exceed more than 50% of the knowledge skills and behavior set out in the occupational standard for a Level 7 Game Programmer.
To be considered we need from you:
- A current CV.
- A covering letter explaining why you want to join the apprenticeship programme.
- A completed version of this C++ tutorial for beginners. Depending on your previous programming experience, this might take you anywhere from a couple of hours to a weekend. However, working through this will tell you a lot about whether you enjoy game programming if you have never done any before. It is only necessary to attach your “MainGame.cpp” source file to the application.
Without all three components, your application will not be considered.