Website Skipton Building Society
About the Job:
If you are hired for a full-time employment in a branch, you will work 36 flexible hours from Monday through Saturday to meet the branch’s operational hours. (Part-time work is also welcome to be considered.)
Salary per year:
At the Skipton Building Society branch in Nottingham, we are looking to add a Customer Service Consultant to our team. As a team member, you will communicate on behalf of Skipton Building Society to clients. Since our membership is diverse and we want our staff to reflect this variety as well, we value diversity and are interested in you as a person.
Our goal is to help as many people as possible obtain housing, start saving for the future, and become financially stable in the long run. As part of your job, you will converse with clients to learn about their needs and to enlighten them about our entire selection of savings-related goods and services. You’ll also lead “My Review” sessions, which provide a casual setting for talking about clients’ financial objectives. You will be able to choose the best products to satisfy our clients’ needs by actively listening to them and getting to know their goals and situations, whether they have to do with money, family, retirement, peace of mind, or house ownership. You’ll demonstrate your excitement by offering cordial, helpful service throughout these encounters.
When we work together, we can make a positive impact on society.
This isn’t just another work opportunity, and we’re not your typical building society. We are unique because, as the fourth-largest building society in the UK, we are owned by our members, not by shareholders.
You have the opportunity to join our staff, who frequently rave about Skipton Building Society as a great place to work, and contribute your own innovative ideas for how we can put the needs of our clients first in everything we do.
No matter what your history or goals are, we’re dedicated to helping you move forward and into a better future.
Life in a Branch:
Although we acknowledge that our consumers are increasingly demanding online transactions and contact center engagement, our branches continue to play an important role as hubs within their local communities. To make sure we stay in touch with our clients at the right times, we provide support in-branch via in-person meetings, online help, and outreach efforts. Putting our clients’ needs first at all times, whether you’re launching a new product or fixing a problem, will guarantee excellent service at every turn.
You are more than just Skipton Building Society’s friendly face and voice to our clients. Over time, you provide them with a wealth of knowledge and act as a listener and problem-solver to help them achieve their financial goals.
What Benefits You From It?
1. Yearly discretionary bonus plan: Typically, our Customer Relationship Consultants receive an on-target bonus of 8%, contingent upon both personal and company performance. This equates to a potential annual bonus of £1972.
2. Standard annual leave of 25 days plus bank holidays, with an increase of 1 day per year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years.
3. Flexible holiday trading scheme enabling the purchase and sale of additional annual leave days.
4. Employer pension contribution matching, up to 10% per annum.
5. Dedication to continuous training and professional development.
6. Comprehensive private medical insurance coverage for all employees.
7. Three paid volunteering days per year.
8. Access to diverse and inclusive colleague networks, including our Carers and Pride Alliance groups.
9. Emphasis on health and well-being, with various benefits such as a cycle to work initiative and discounted gym memberships.
10. Availability of inclusive and diverse networks of colleagues, such as our Pride Alliance and Carers organizations.
11. A focus on health and wellbeing, with a range of incentives like a gym membership discount and a ride-to-work program.
What Obligations Do You Have?
1. Assist clients in understanding and identifying their needs by posing relevant queries, paying close attention to their particular circumstances, and developing appropriate solutions to address those needs in a way that will benefit the client and the company.
2. Act as the customer’s first point of contact when they come into the branch, showing excitement and a desire to help.
3. Schedule in-person, virtual, or phone appointments for “My Review” customers.
4. Take the initiative to call clients in order to learn about and meet their needs.
5. Inform clients about the range of goods, services, and methods of communication that are accessible for face-to-face interaction.
6. Make use of internal systems to keep up-to-date and accurate customer records while making sure that clients who are vulnerable are appropriately identified and supported.
7. Comply with and understand the rules, guidelines, restrictions, and power constraints that apply to your position, as reinforced by sufficient guidance, coaching, and good communication.
What Do We Want to Find?
1. Shown a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service and a readiness to go above and beyond to help coworkers and clients reach our company’s objectives.
2. It is helpful to have prior expertise in sales or customer service from financial services, telephone, or in-person settings.
3. The pleasure of interacting with new people and having deep discussions.
4. A collaborative mentality that allows one to function well in a cohesive team through a variety of channels.
5. Strong communication abilities, with the ability to persuade a variety of audiences using the right channels in order to achieve specific goals.
6. The capacity to act quickly during peak times and effectively handle a wide variety of clients, exhibiting exceptional time management.
7. A readiness to take on a range of responsibilities, including ones that go above and beyond expectations.
8. The ability to expand, adapt, and be flexible in order to meet changing objectives and demands for the organization.
Benefits mentioned in the job posting:
Coverage for healthcare is offered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org