You will be responsible for a diverse product portfolio as part of the meat, fish and poultry team and will spend time in our supply base working with our partners to deliver to our million customers. This role represents a fantastic opportunity to engage and build relationships with colleagues across the business as well as with our suppliers. You will report into and work collaboratively with our category technical managers and support the category using your experience and knowledge to risk assess factory processes and management systems, a background in meat and/or fish manufacturing is desirable. The role will focus on fish, pork, sausage, bacon and plant based.
This role will include site visits to meat, fish & poultry suppliers and will involve taste panels where you will be asked to sample some of our meat, fish & poultry products.
- Educational background food science technology or similar discipline and have practical manufacturing experienced including BRC and HACCP in a factory or retail environment.
- Ideally you will have spent time in manufacturing in the meat or fish industry and an understanding of how these types of products are processed and the legislation that they must adhere to.
- You will have the confidence and expertise to communicate with knowledge and passion across all stakeholders, we love what we sell and we want everyone to know it.
- You will be computer literate with experience to navigate specification and supplier management systems, ensuring all specifications in the system are current and signed, and agreed with your business partners.
- The ability to prioritise and flex to business needs, we don’t wait to make good stuff happen, so an ability to risk assess, think bigger picture and dare to try is a must.
- We put our customers at the heart of everything and you will seek to understand their concerns and requirements and be the voice of the customer in your interactions.
- We love what we sell, so a real passion for these products and delivering exceptional quality to the customer is key.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pensions up to 7% matched
- % colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
You must sign in to apply for this position.