Website BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon Summer Internship Program – Audit
Location: London & Liverpool
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance and technology. We are one of the world’s top asset management and banking firms that manages $ trillion in assets with $ trillion under custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” – % of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re more than k+ employees across countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
Summer Internship Program
BNY Mellon’s Summer Internship Program (SIP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding -week internship experience, as well as an inside look into what it is like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since . With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop SIP participants, our summer interns will gain valuable real-world experiences working in Audit while learning to work together in collaborative teams and building a robust network within BNY Mellon.
From day one, summer interns are immersed in BNY Mellon’s innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
- Enterprise-led intern orientation program combined with ongoing executive speaker series and virtual training curriculum designed specifically for summer interns
- Meaningful and challenging work assignments that deliver learning and skill development through practical work, mentorship, and training
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including internship managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager
- Exposure to different areas of business
- Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training, along with technical and business acumen development
- Understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative and supportive community with full commitment of top-level management to deliver a premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
Audit contributes to the effectiveness of the company’s internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify risks, risk mitigants, control gaps and opportunities to improve efficiency. In Audit, the team serves as an independent partner for our stakeholders (Audit Committee, Management, Regulators, etc.) in building and upholding an effective control environment and culture that is exemplified by strong corporate governance and values.
Interns in Internal Audit will be provided targeted on-the-job training designed to build knowledge, expertise, and soft skills. This role will get to collaborate with experienced audit professionals from one of our highly skilled audit groups to learn how auditors can make an impact through risk mitigation techniques.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Penultimate undergraduate student graduating in Spring
- Preferred subjects: Business, Finance, Economics, Technology related degree, Analytics background a plus
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, % score Corporate Equality Index
- , Disability: IN – % score
- Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
- Forbes Blockchain
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
You must sign in to apply for this position.