It is a situation for many international students who are away from the UK due to COVID and your question , will I be able to apply for UK PSW 2022? British government states that, ‘’Some periods where you have been studying remotely will be allowed, without affecting your eligibility to apply’’. These are the four provisions the UK government has made for applying for UK PSW 2022 (as updated) :
• Students who began a UK university degree course of 12 months or less in 2020 or 2021 via distance learning, and those who have not previously entered the UK to study that course will be able to make a UK Graduate application if they make a successful student visa application and arrive in the UK either before their visa ends or by 27 September 2021, whichever is sooner.
• Students who began a course of 12 months or less in 2020 or 2021 who have existing permission as a student to study in UK that course, and who have already travelled to the UK during that period of permission, will be able to make a Graduate application as long as they are present in the UK before the end date of their permission.
• Students beginning a course of 12 months by distance learning will need to have obtained a Student visa and arrived in the UK by 6 April 2022 to be eligible to apply for the Graduate route when they have completed their course.
• Students sponsored for a course lasting longer than 12 months will not be prevented from being eligible for the Graduate route as a result of any distance learning that took place either in the UK or overseas between the period of 24 January 2020 and 6 April 2022.
[Source: Covid-19: Guidance for Student sponsors, migrants and Short-term Students]
• As well as meeting the residence requirements as modified by the concessions above, students will still need to have extant (remaining time left) permission as a student visa holder i.e. a still valid BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) for either Tier 4 or student Route permission when the Graduate Route starts and meet all the other eligibility criteria.
So if you are away from the UK due to COVID, check out the rules that applies to you for a UK PSW visa 2022?